Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Kasi Jones has a Question RE: Maury Stout

Hey Tom...

I was shocked to read in the CBC Alumni Newsletter that Maury Stout died last November. He was such a character and, oh, the stories I could tell about him, Dave Franklin and Ron Crawford on RT tours!

I found Maury's obituary online at
http://www.beldenlarkin.com/obituary.jsp?site=0218&id=24740, but wondered if anyone knew what was the cause of death?

Thanks!
Kasi (Pierce) Jones

Kasi - So sorry to hear about Maury. We'll send out your inquiry to the choir and see if anyone has more information. T&J

2 comments:

Laurie O'Brien said...

Hi Kasi:

As you probably read in Maury's obituary, he had a wonderful career as an Army Chaplain, and as you know Steve is an Air Force Chaplain and we have followed his career with a lot of pride, both as fellow chaplains and as his former RT friends. So you can understand our shock when we heard from the AG Chaplain's department that Maury had taken his own life. I am sure no one really understands the "whys". Just keep his wife & family in your prayers. Sorry to deliver such tragic news via such a public venue, but thougt you needed an answer.

Laurie (Collins) O'Brien RT 1974-1978

Dad said...

Laurie,

I was a student and friend of Maury's. I had lost touch with him and didn't know where he was until I read his obituary in the Alumni news just this past month.

I dearly loved Maury. I knew about his difficulties; but I still loved him.

I didn't know that he took his own life. But I still do not judge him. While I was at CBC a young man took his own life. His name was Pall. He planned it all out and then did it. I remember Maury talking to us in the classroom about it. I remember him saying that he was the only faculty to attend the funeral. I thought it somewhat strange that he related so well to Pall.

I will definitely be praying for his wife and their family.

Sincerely in Christ,

Jay Nickless