Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Stories from Dave & Pat Matheny

One Sunday, right before the broadcast, the choir had just concluded praying. Some of us were still praying and slowly coming out of that mood. Brother Ward was talking about having been very sick with "shingles" (I think), and I wasn't listening and said quietly "Lord we praise You," at the wrong time. Some of the guys around me heard it and started laughing, trying to hold it in, which made it worse. They thought I was being funny. Some of the girls in the auditorium from school saw them trying to not laugh, and got to giggling at them, which added to the moment. Brother Ward saw them, lashed out at them, and then turned to the guys in the choir and spoke harshly to them. While I was the cause of the problem, I didn't know what was going on. Later, Brother Mc had a conference with me. It did help me to learn to stay alert on the platform to everything that is going on.

Dave & Pat Matheny
RT - 1966-68
CBC Student 1966-70
CBC Christian Service Director/PR Rep 1982-84
CBC VP 1987-99

Wow! Now Jim Ayers and I don't feel so bad.
T&J

No comments: