Thursday, August 21, 2008

News from Laurie (Collins) O'Brien

Hi Tom:

Thanks for this great blog. I will take you up on giving an update for those who want to know.

I am the 3rd Collins to sing with Revivaltime Choir, following in my brothers Randy (1970-1974) & Rick’s (1972-1976) footsteps. I met my husband Steve O’Brien (1975-1979) standing next to him on the front row of the choir. So when I made the joke that I was looking for “God’s will for my life, so Will if you’re out there meet me after service” he followed up with the “Hi, I’m Will” joke. We got married in 1977 and continued to both sing in the choir as a married couple, and then when I left after my senior year he continued until his graduation. I worked as a secretary to the Dean, Alan Phillips during that time.

Steve is currently pastor of LifeSpring Assembly of God in Riverside, CA, www.lifespringonline.com and also serves as Chaplain, Lt. Colonel in the Air Force Reserve.

I work as an administrative secretary for the construction department of the Riverside Unified School District (we build the schools).

We have 2 married daughters who live in the area and are expecting our first grandchild in February of next year. I have included a picture of Steve and I from our RT days, and a more current one that you can use if you want (or not).

That’s about it. I will forward the blog link to Randy and Rick and let them update you on their lives.

Laurie O'Brien
Riverside Unified School District
Facilities Projects Department

Great to hear about you Laurie.
Ask Randy about the Chicklets he enjoyed with his girl friend.
Tell Randy and Rick to send us an update too.
T&J

No comments: